The information provided here is intended for licensed healthcare professionals who are registered with respective regulatory authorities and is not meant to serve as a substitute for the User’s own clinical judgment as a healthcare professional. The Information is for use by Healthcare Professionals only for an academic purpose.
- Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions: Access to and use of this Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions as set out herein and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this Site, it is deemed that the user has read, understood and accepted, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions set out herein. The user also acknowledges that any agreement with Zydus, to the extent they conflict with these Terms and Conditions are superseded and of no force or effect. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, you may not access or use this Site.
- Use of Information: User will use the Information only as a reference aid, and that such material is not intended to be (nor should it be used as) a substitute for the exercise of professional judgment. In view of the possibility of human error or changes in medical science, User should confirm the Information through independent sources. The user may freely browse the Site, but may only access, download or use information from this Site, including any text, sound, images, audio and video (collectively: “Information”) for strictly non-commercial use. The user may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the Information for commercial purposes, without written permission of Zydus. You should assume that everything you read or see on this Site is copyrighted according to applicable laws, unless otherwise noted; and may not be used except as laid down in these Terms and Conditions. Zydus neither warrants nor represents that the use of the Information will not infringe any rights of third parties. Use of this website does not confer any license or right to the Information or any copyright of Zydus. The trademarks, logos, service marks displayed on the Site (collectively the “Trademarks”), are registered and unregistered trademarks of Zydus. Nothing in this Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademarks or Information without the prior written permission of Zydus.
- Use of Community and Communication Services: The user while using the community and communication feature of the Services, such as ZyMed email, ZyMed times, blog or discussion service (each, a “Community and Communication Service”), the user shall be responsible for all communications, information, data, text, music, sound, graphics, messages and other material (“Content”) that you upload, post, transmit, email or otherwise distribute through a Community and Communication Service. Neither Zydus nor our licensors are responsible for the consequences of the Content posted by you or any other party through a Community and Communication Service, and as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. You understand that by using a Community and Communication Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive or objectionable. In no event will Zydus be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content uploaded, posted, transmitted, emailed, or otherwise made available through a Community and Communication Service. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. When the user uses a Community and Communication Service, they agree not to:
- Violate local, state, national, or international laws;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute any Content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute any Content that is unlawful, harmful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as we may determine in our sole discretion;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through a Community and Communication Service;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute chain letters, pyramid schemes, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or spam;
- Impersonate another person or business entity or stalk or otherwise harass another person;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute viruses or other harmful computer code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the use of any computer software or hardware;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses;
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Interfere with or disrupt a Community and Communication Service or computers, networks or other hardware connected to a Community and Communication Service, or disregard any requirements or policies of networks connected to a Community and Communication Service;
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying a Community and Communication Service, or which, in our sole judgment, exposes us or our customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type;
- Fail to respect other users’ privacy. This includes revealing another user’s password, phone number, address, instant messenger I.D. or address or any other personally identifiable information;
- Create member names, or post solicit or send messages, text or photographs that are sexually explicit, that denigrate, threaten, abuse or harm others in any way; or Zydus may (but are not obligated) to do any or all of the following without notice:
- Record or pre-screen the dialogue in a public chat room;
- Investigate an allegation that a communication does not conform to the terms of this section and determine in our sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the Content;
- Medical Information: Information relating to any products or medical devices on this Site (collectively the “Products”) is provided by Zydus for general information purposes only. All products listed are available only in Sri Lanka and only upon prescription from a qualified doctor or medical professional. Products may not be available in all countries or may be available under a different brand name, in different strengths, or for different indications. Product information outlined herein should not be construed as a promotion or solicitation for any Product or service or for the use of any Product or service that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of Sri Lanka. This Site may contain details on un-labelled use of a commercial product or an investigational use of a product not yet approved for the said purpose; such details being entirely informational in nature.
- Video Disclaimer: The Information may be transmitted through electronic media (including without limitation, videos, interviews of physicians and healthcare professionals), articles. This Information provided through such sources are the views of the individual expressing them, and are not under the direct or indirect control of Zydus. Inclusion of any such Information, through any electronic mode, does not imply endorsement by Zydus of the information provided therein.
- Disclaimer of Liability: The Information, software, Products and services, included in or available through the Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Zydus assumes no liability or responsibility for any such errors and hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness, title, completeness and non-infringement with regard to the aforementioned information. For the purposes of this clause, a reference to Zydus shall also deem to include a reference to the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, consultants of Zydus.
- User Information: Any communication or material that the user transmits or posts on the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions (“User Information”), is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information and shall become the property of Zydus. Zydus, or any its affiliates, may store or use the User Information for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast or further posting, without any compensation to the user. The user also expressly acknowledge that Zydus, or any of its affiliates, are free to store, use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any User Information, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, without any compensation to the user. In case of a change in control of Zydus, Zydus reserves the right to transfer the User Information to the new party. Notwithstanding the above, the users are prohibited from altering the Site or posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, profane material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Zydus will cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Zydus to disclose the identity of anyone posting such information or materials. The user agrees to indemnify and hold Zydus, its affiliates, directors, and employees, consultants harmless from any claim, demand or damage, including reasonable attorney fees due to or arising out of the users conduct on Zydus.
- Links: The Site may contain clinical tools, medical calculators, Clinical guidelines, Visual summaries, etc and databases intended for use by healthcare professionals and links to third-party web sites, which are provided as a convenience to the users. The tools do not give professional advice or recommend particular products. Physicians and other healthcare professionals who use these tools or databases should exercise their own clinical judgment as to the information they provide. Users who use the tools or databases do so at their own risk. The links are not under the control of Zydus, and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Zydus of such web site. Zydus or any of its Affiliates, Directors, employees, officers, consultants make no claim, and are not responsible for, any information found in such third-party web sites.
- Non-transferrable: Users right to access the Site and related websites is strictly non-transferrable. Any password, right or access given to a user to obtain information or documents is not transferrable and remains the exclusive property of Zydus.
- No Advice: The Site is designed to provide general information. The Site does not intend to provide an offer to invest in Zydus (or any of its Affiliates) or medical advice, nor does it provide instructions on the appropriate use of the Products.
- Limitation of Liability: Zydus does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currency or non-infringement of the Information provided in the site hereunder; and (b) expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. While the Information has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, neither Zydus nor Zydus’s content providers warrant the accuracy of the Information. The user shall obtain expert advice before relying on any Information. The use of the Site is at the risk of the user. In no event shall Zydus or any of its affiliates, directors, employees, officers, consultants, be liable for, directly or indirectly, any damages of any kind or nature, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or any claims or losses, whether foreseeable or not; or whether the User has been informed of the possibility in advance, resulting from or in connection with the creation or use of, or reliance in the Site, any other third-party site, the links contained in any site or the inability to use the Site. This limitation includes damage to your computer equipment or any viruses that may infect your computer equipment. The interactive nature of postings on the Site makes it impossible for Zydus to assume responsibility for any of the materials posted by Users. The ideas, suggestions, opinions, comments, and observations made by Users, and any text, data, photographs, video, music, sound, chat, messages, files or other material provided by Users (“User Submissions”) are not endorsed by Zydus, and Zydus makes no guarantee regarding the reliability, accuracy, or quality of any User Submission that is posted on the Site. User shall evaluate and bear any risks related to the use of any User Submission, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such User Submission. All User Submissions posted to the Site are the sole responsibility of the person who originally posted the User Submission, and Users’ sole recourse for any damage, loss, claim, action or liability as a result of such User Submissions shall be against the individual User. Users shall be solely responsible for their own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. Users shall retain all ownership rights in their respective User Submissions. However, by submitting the User Submissions on the Site, Users hereby grant Zydus a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicense-able, transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Site and Zydus’ business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) in any media now known or hereafter developed. The foregoing license granted by Users shall automatically terminate upon removal or deletion of the User Submission from the Site. If Users choose to post User Submissions on the Site, User represent that such User Submission is in adherence to applicable laws, generally accepted rules of etiquette and standards of behavior. Users’ use of the Site shall reflect their respect for the legal rights of Users connected with Zydus. Users understand that Zydus does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submission, and specifically release Zydus from any liability whatsoever in this regard. Zydus expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. Zydus reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions in its sole discretion and without prior notice. Zydus also reserves the right to terminate a User’s access to the Website at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- Copyright Notice: This Site and its entire contents are subject to copyright protection. The contents of the Site should not be copied in any circumstances without the prior express consent of Zydus. Except as expressly authorised herein, the User should not display, download, distribute, reproduce, republish, or transmit any information, text, images, documents contained in the Site, without the express prior written consent of Zydus. However, the User can download any materials from the knowledge database contained in the “Download” section of the Site which can be accessed through a username and password. All the content from such download shall always be acknowledged and attributed to Zydus. The use of any content from the Site, without proper citation, is strictly prohibited and infringes on the intellectual property rights and may subject the User to civil and criminal penalties, including possible monetary damages, for copyright infringement. Any content, trademark(s), or other material that may be found on the Zydus website that is not Zydus’ property remains the copyright of its respective owner(s). In no way does Zydus claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner. User must first seek prior written permission from Zydus if the User intends to use any Information or incorporate portions of the Information into a different website. The User is not allowed to link to Zydus’ Site if the User is engaged in the publication or promotion of illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way negatively impacts the reputation of Zydus.
- Miscellaneous: If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, invalid or void, the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Governing Law: This Site is created and controlled by Zydus Lanka pvt Ltd, colombo, Sri Lanka as such the laws of Sri Lanla shall apply. Zydus Limited reserves the right to make changes to the Site and the Terms and Conditions.